Are you interested in international issues and global affairs? Do you want to stay involved as a young professional and desire to make a difference? Do you believe global change can take place locally?
The Young Professional Outreach Committee (YPOC) of Global Solutions Pittsburgh is a group of some of the most active and driven young professionals in the city of Pittsburgh, with a dedication to our mission of international education in Pittsburgh. Being a member of the YPOC offers meaningful volunteer opportunities that make a difference. You’re not a potential donor or unskilled labor; you are a well-connected, talented young professional. You are a partner with us in our goal of educating western Pennsylvania about international issues and we can help you make a difference.
What can you do to support Global Solutions Pittsburgh and work with us to accomplish our goals?
- Event planning and promotion
- Public Program creation
- Networking and marketing
- Volunteer opportunities & management
- Public Relations
What you get back from being a part of the committee:
- Meet other young professionals
- Network with nonprofit community leaders and employers
- Learn about international issues
- Experience in marketing, event planning, fundraising, etc.
- Learn how to effectively serve on a committee or board
- Learn how to be an involved community leader
If you’d like to learn more about how to get involved with the YPOC, please email Tim Lessick, or call 412-471-7852.